iOS 12 iPhone 6s Plus Firmware Update/Download3 min read
Which iPhone and iPads can get iOS 12?
iOS 12, the latest major update to Apple’s operating system for iPhone and iPad, was released in September 2018. It adds group face time calls, custom Animoji and lots more. (iOS 13 will launch in autumn 2019 and add even more features). But is your iPhone or iPad able to install the update?
Not all iOS updates are compatible with older devices. Apple acknowledges the reality that hardware gets slower as it ages, and a phone that was state-of-the-art five years ago is unlikely to be able to run the latest software now.
indeed, in the past, we have sometimes found that borderline cases- devices that only just sneak into the list- are able to install the new OS but struggle to run it well, and run a bit slower than with the previous version of iOS.
Here’s a list of every Apple device that supports iOS 12:
- iPad Air 1, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro (12.9,2015), iPad Pro (9.7), iPad Pro (10.5), iPad Pro(12.9, 2017),iPad 2018
- iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s plus, iPhone SE, iPhone X
- iPod touch (sixth generation)
you can update your device to iOS 12 by going to setting-general- software update. Apple’s servers are going to be hammered by initials demands, so downloads may be slow at the start. Developers and public beta testers have had the GM seed since last week and so far it’s quite stable.
Features of iOS 12
These are some of the main features and updates included in iOS 12
- Performance improvements.
- Face time allows us to chat with up to 32 people at once.
- Create an imojis that is identical to the user.
- Includes four new imojis: ghost, koala, tiger, and tyrannosaurus.
- New camera effects such as texts, stickers, and filters.
- Send augmented reality objects through messages or Mail.
- Parental control allows us to view in real-time the usage of the rest of the family devices.
Update iOS 12 in your iPhone 6s plus
If a message states that an update is available, tap install now, You can also follow these steps.
- Plug your device into a power source and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
- Go to setting > general, then tap Software update.
- Tap download and install. I a message asks to temporarily remove apps because the software needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS or iPadOS will reinstall apps that it removed.
To update now tap install. Or you can tap Later and choose install tonight or remind me Later. if you tap install tonight, just plug your device into a power source before you can go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.
The download link is given below you can download the iOS 12 firmware for your iPhone 6s plus from here. It is free available here.
All the information about the Firmware is mention above, so you can go through it here to know how to update the Firmware for your phone. All-new versions are available on our site, for more information keep visiting our site.