Lenovo BIOS Update Utility Download Free Latest (Version 2021)4 min read
Lenovo BIOS Update Utility:
BIOS Update Utility, It detects the current BIOS version and checks for an update. If it finds one, it will ask us to initiate the update. You can also manually flash a firmware file you have downloaded with this utility as well. This package updates the UEFI BIOS (including system program and Embedded Controller program) stored in the ThinkPad computer to fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions as noted below.
Updating the BIOS is really important because if the user does not update the BIOS as well as the firmware, then the system will start lagging and many software or app will not get connected. In general, you should not need to update your BIOS that often. Installing (or “flashing”) a new BIOS is more dangerous than updating a simple Windows program, and if something goes wrong during the process, you could end up bricking your computer.
Benefits of Updating BIOS:
Some reasons for updating the BIOS include:
- Hardware updates.
- Newer BIOS updates will enable the motherboard to correctly identify new hardware such as processors.
- RAM, and so on.
If you upgraded your processor and the BIOS doesn’t recognize it. A BIOS Flash might be the answer.
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit)
- Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit)
- Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
This package provides the ISO image file of UEFI BIOS which is compatible with CD/DVD/BD writing software to create to CD/DVD/BD for the UEFI BIOS update. Hereafter the CD/DVD/BD for the UEFI BIOS update is called “BIOS Update CD”.
How can you Automatically update Lenovo BIOS Utility?
Update the Lenovo BIOS Utility automatically using Device Manager.
- Search for and open Windows Device Manager.
- Expand Firmware.
- Double click on system firmware.
- Select the driver tab.
- Click update driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for the update to download and then follow the instructions.
How to Install Lenovo BIOS Update Utility?
- Download the latest BIOS to the Windows Desktop from our website by clicking the given link here.
- Follow the following steps to find and download the BIOS: 1. Open Lenovo support website 2. Enter the system type or your Model name. 3. On the product page, click Drivers and firmware. 4. Filter by BIOS/UEFI, and choose the corresponding OS information. 5. Download and install the BIOS following the readme file.
- Right-click the BIOS flash package and choose Run as administrator.
- Windows will display a self-extracting window, click the Install button.
- Click the Flash BIOS button.
- A warning Windows will be displayed to remind the user to connect the system power outlet and to provide other flash information.
- Click the OK button. The BIOS update flashing program will run automatically.
- Please wait until the BIOS update flashing program completes the installation.
- When the BIOS update is complete, the system reboots automatically.
Here is the download link for the Lenovo BIOS Update Utility. And also the complete guideline about its installation and update process. This program is language-independent and can be used with any language system. We provide all the latest versions and updates on our website so, keep visit in the future for more updates and the latest versions.